What information we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, social security number, nationality, passport information, and credit card information that you provide us when paying for our software (“Personal Information”).
- The financial and personally identifiable information that you provide on the Website in order for you to prepare a tax return or for certain institutions to withhold taxes from payments made to you (“Tax Related Information”).
- Sprintax also collects non-personal information (i.e., information that does not identify you as an individual) about how you access and use the Website (“Usage Information”). Usage Information includes information about browser type, domain names, pages browsed, access times, referring website addresses, operating system, search query, and entry and exit pages.
- Sprintax may also collect information about your computer and hardware (“Devise Information”), including your IP address, MAC Address or other unique identifier (each a “Device Identifier”) regarding the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, or other technology (collectively, “Device”) that you use to access the Website. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers. Our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier.
- Information you provide on our blogs (“Blog Information”). The information you provide on our blogs is in your control.
- Testimonials that you provide us (“Testimonial Information”)
How your information is used
We require this information to understand your needs, to provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- To administer your account
- To send you periodical marketing and promotional communications, such as emails, newsletters, SMS text messages (where you have subscribed to these services)
- To provide the service you have requested
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We will never sell your information
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
Sprintax Inc. may disclose your information to:
- any of our service providers including (without limitation) those engaged by us to perform functions for the processing of income tax returns;
- persons necessary to ensure Sprintax Inc. compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal requirement.
Updating, verifying and deleting personal data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly.
Please log into your account at any time:
- To find out what Personal Data we hold
- To request a copy of your personal data
- Or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database
You can update your personal information in your account or alternatively contact us via our website or email address.
Custom Audience Adverts (Facebook)
We may participate in Facebook.com's Custom Audience program. This enables us to display personalized ads to persons on our email lists when they visit Facebook.com. We provide Personal Information such as your email address and phone number to Facebook to enable Facebook to determine if you are a registered account holder with Facebook.
To opt-out of participation in our Facebook Custom Audience, send an email from the email address you would like to opt out, to the email address provided in our contact information below.
For your opt-out to be effective, you must:
- place the following text in the subject line of the email - "Opting Out of Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads"
- include in the body of the email your name and email address
We will then forward your name and email address to Facebook.com with a request to delete you from all of our Facebook Custom Audience Ads.
Other Personalized And Behavioural Advertising Services
We may participate in additional retargeting and behavioural advertising services that will be similar to the services described above.
You can control the placement of cookies and other data collection methodologies for the purposes of opting out.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
Links to Third Party Sites
Additional Policy Information
Our web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We also have testimonials on our sites, for which if a user posted personal information with this, we have received permission.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have any questions or concerns or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, you can contact us by writing to, or emailing us at the address below:
79 Madison Avenue, Floor 8
New York, NY